Tuesday, December 9, 2014

November 2014 Birchbox - Review






So to start off if you don't already know, Birchbox is a monthly beauty and lifestyle subscription service which costs $10 a month.  Each month you receive 4-5 deluxe sized samples and occasionally a bonus item as well.  The past few months Birchbox has been letting subscribers choose their own sample out of a few products they've chosen, a curated box, or a box that they choose specifically for you by using your beauty profile.  For each product you receive you can review on Birchbox's website for 10 points apiece.  Once you have 100 points that will equal to $10 you can spend in the Birchbox shop!  Once you accumulate 500 points you become apart of their Birchbox Aces program which will give you free shipping on all items in their shop.






Each box comes with a card telling you the items you received in that months box.  Under brand name it tells you the specific product and how much it costs.  Under that it also tells you what the specific product is and how to use it.  Also, if you received a bonus item that month it will be at the very bottom on the card under BONUS.




This month's theme was GIVING, and Birchbox teamed up with RED to raise money and awareness for the global fight against AIDS.  They chose to donate $1 every time someone shared a picture of their box and tagged it #shaRED.







Amika - Perk Up Dry Shampoo

This was the first product I received this month and was really excited to try!  I've heard a lot of people talk about how great this dry shampoo is and I just had to have it, so I was really happy when I saw I was getting the sample to try out.  The full size of this product in the Birchbox shop is $21, but they also have a 1 fl. oz. bottle in their shop for $9.  I absolutely love this dry shampoo! It smells great and it also makes my hair feel great while also looking clean.  I definitely plan on buying a full size of this product once mine runs out because my hair does tend to start getting oily towards the end of the day and this product is a great way to help soak up the excess oils.





Dr. Jart+ - Ceramidin Cream

This was the second product I received in this months box, I have used it several times since receiving and it is very hydrating especially if you get dry skin during the winter time.  This product will be great when my skin starts becoming dryer from the cold weather.  Only thing I don't really like about it is that it doesn't smell very nice at all.  A 1.6oz tube of this product can be purchased in the Birchbox shop for $48.





Gilchrist & Soames - Spa Therapy Body Wash

This was the third product I received this month and when I first saw it in my box I wasn't very excited to try.  I've received two different Gilchrist & Soames body lotions from Birchbox in past boxes and I was really disappointed with both products so I just was not happy in receiving their body wash.  I have to say though I was pleasantly surprised with this one! This body wash smells amazing! I'm not sure what to compare it to but it smells very sweet and it lathers up really well which is nice.  I hate when a body wash doesn't lather because it makes me feel like it's not doing it's job.  You can purchase this product in their shop for $15.





Juice Beauty - Green Apple Peel - Sensitive

This was the fourth item I received in my box and also my sample choice.  I was really looking forward to trying out this product, there is only one thing I did not particularly like about the green apple peel.  First off it did not feel drying on my skin, my skin felt soft and refreshed after using, and it did not leave my skin red or irritated.  The one thing I didn't like was how this product was a liquid, I did not expect that when I first used it and it seeped through my fingers. I will continue using this product but don't plan on purchasing the full size.  The full size of this product can be purchased in the Birchbox shop for $39.







theBalm Cosmetics - Cindy-Lou Manizer

This was the last product I received in my box this month and one of my favorites.  Wish the sample size was bigger, but the packaging is just too cute!  The peachy color is really pretty, pink with a shimmer of gold.  I tried to get a picture of a swatch of the product but my camera and lighting wouldn't capture it properly, nor did it capture the correct shade of the product above.  I love that not only is it a highlighter, but also a blush and can be used as an eyeshadow as well.  So far I've only used this as a blush/highlighter, but I plan on playing around with it for an eyeshadow as well.  The full size for this can also be purchased in the Birchbox shop for $24.






Justin's - Chocolate almond butter- squeeze pack

This was the bonus item I received in this month's box.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it was nice receiving an extra this month.  A pack of 10 -1.15oz pack can be purchased on Birchbox's site for $11.99.





No comments:

Post a Comment