Monday, October 6, 2014

September 2014 Birchbox - Review


 If you don't already know, Birchbox is a monthly beauty/lifestyle subscription service for $10/month.  Each month I usually receive 4-7 deluxe size samples.  For every product you receive that you write a review on you will receive 10 points.  Every 100 points equals out to 10 dollars which you can spend in the Birchbox shop.  Also, once you have gotten 500 points within a calender year you become apart of the Birchbox Aces, which allows you to shop in their shop and get free shipping on any products.

This month to celebrate their 4 year anniversary they sent out three different box designs, all three boxes had the same pattern but in different colors.  I absolutely LOVE the box I received, the colors are so pretty and it just makes the actual box that much more exciting.





Again this month they did the pick your sample option, pick an already curated box, or be surprised.  This month I decided to just be surprised.  Although I'm sure all the samples that could have been chosen were great I figured since last month I chose the curated box that this month I wanted to be surprised.




This was the first product I received, and although the scent wasn't one that I would buy if I were in a store, it did make my hands feel really soft and moisturized.  I also like this body balm because it is thick and I've noticed I don't have to use a lot for my hands to feel moisturized.






This was the second, and my favorite product that I received this month.  To use this product you massage the cleanser onto your face and neck while they're dry, then wet and wring out the cloth in hand hot water and gently wipe off.  The smell of this reminds me of Vicks VapoRub, just a very refreshing fragrance. I love how it comes with its own cloth to use with the product, and I love how soft my skin felt after using this.







This was the third product I received and to start off I wasn't really excited to try this product.  Now, I love facial masks that you rub onto your face and then wait a few minutes and then wash off, but for some reason I just don't like having to put a sheet on my face.  The reason is, is because they are usually way to big for my face and sometimes the face holes don't exactly match up. This mask was a little big since it hung past my chin but the eye holes were in the correct spot.  I am pleasantly surprised with this sheet mask, I loved how soft my skin felt after using this and I liked how you massage the rest of the product into your skin afterwards.







This was the fourth product I recieved, I wasn't really excited to receive this product either because I had received a perfume last month.  The first time I used this I did not like this fragrance at all, but I just used it again to write this review because I had forgotten what the scent was. Okay, so I don't love this fragrance, but I don't hate it either.  It is floral and fruity which is nice though.







This was the last product I received this month.  I really love this eyeliner, I would have loved to receive this in black, because then I would get way more use out of this eyeliner.  This product goes on so smooth, like butter, and the color is so vibrant.



Overall this wasn't my favorite month with birchbox, but I am happy with most of the products I did receive so I guess that's okay with me.  Thank you for reading my post, I hope you enjoyed my opinions! :)

If you want to join me in receiving Birchbox each month you can join HERE! :)

All Birchbox links go directly to my referral link 
Product links go directly to that product 
in the Birchbox shop, Thank you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment