Monday, July 27, 2015

July 2015 Birchbox - Review





Since I stopped blogging for a while I haven't been posting about Birchbox at all and my past boxes have been pretty half and half with what I love and hate.  So anyways with Birchbox if you don't already know it's a $10 monthly subscription service that sends 4-5 beauty and lifestyle products each month.  When you sign up you fill out a small beauty survey so they can custom select product that would work best for you.  Every once and a while I do receive products that I cannot use but for the most part they do send things I can.  This month the theme was 'go bold' which is exactly what their sample choice, liquid lipsticks, were.




 The first item in every box is a card that tells you every item you received in your box along with how much the full size will cost and how to use the product.





This is the first product I received this month which was also the sample choice.  You can buy all 3 shades in the Birchbox shop for $20.  For this sample choice you could choose between three shades:  Bella, Beso, and Venezia.  I ended up choosing Venezia but when I opened my box I was happy and surprised to see that I had been sent two of the lipsticks!  The other shade I received was Beso.  These liquid lipstick are crazy with staying power.  After swatching these on my hand they did not want to come off at all.  Beso is a really bright red shade where as Venezia is a super bright coral although it comes off as way more of an orange on me.  These shades are gorgeous especially if you love a super bright lip color.  I will say, for me, these shades do take some getting used to if you don't normally wear bold lip products.





This is the next product I received and one that I was looking forward to trying and the full-size retails for $25.  In a previous box I received the Liz Earle Cleanse and polish hot cloth cleanser which I really liked so it was nice to see another product from them.  This is a nice hydrating toner but one thing I will say that I didn't like about this product was the scent.  It's some sort of floral scent but not very sweet, just not a smell I love on my face.  Luckily the fragrance doesn't linger which is good.





This is the next product I received and the full-size retails for $24.  To be honest I'm not a huge fan of hair sprays.  The reason I don't like them is because they can leave your skin feeling sticky and your hair feeling crunchy.  This hairspray was really nice though.  First off I love Amika products because they smell amazing.  So although I wasn't excited to receive a hairspray I have used this one a few times because it's not a heavy spray so it doesn't make my hair feel gross and it just makes my hair smell really good.






This is one product I will be so happy when I don't see it in my box anymore.  For one I can't use products like this on my face because for me it makes my already oily skin just feel gross.  Another reason is I've received similar products now for three boxes in a row.  If you love moisturizers with SPF you can purchase the full-size of this in the Birchbox shop for $32.







This is the last product I received this month and ended up giving away because I have oily skin that tends to be super sensitive and I just could bring myself to put an oil on my face. This product for the full-size retails for $48.  


My overall opinion of this months box was okay, out of the six products I only disliked two which I think is pretty good.

If you'd like to try out Birchbox for yourself you can sign up HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment