Friday, March 4, 2016

February 2016 Birchbox - Review




If you don't know already Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription box service.  Each month you pay $10 and you are then shipped 5 beauty, grooming, and/or lifestyle samples that are personalized towards you.  Birchbox also has their own shop which you can use the points you accumulate from reviewing the products you get each month to purchase products you love or maybe to try something new.  For each product that you review you will receive 10 points and for every 100 points you get will equal to $10 in the Birchbox shop



Each month you will also receive a card in your box telling you about each product you received also with the prices if you decide to purchase the full-size.




This was the first product I received this month, and it was also my sample choice.  I'm really excited to try this, but I haven't yet because my skin is sensitive and I don't want to use too many different exfoliating products at once.  I chose this product though because I do love masks and it's always exciting to try a new one.  This product has fruit acids that exfoliate skin to reduce pores, increase radiance, and improve tone.  The full-size of this product retails for $55 on the Birchbox website.




This was the second product I was sent this month and another I really wanted to try.  It's supposed to balance hair's natural oil levels while nourishing strands back to health.  Unfortunately I do tend to have oily hair so I don't use products like this often but it is nice to use every once in a while.  This product smelt nice, but sadly it didn't make my hair feel soft afterwards.  I will try this product again though, and see if maybe I just need to use more than I normally would.  The full-size of this product retails for $37 on the Birchbox website.




This was the next product I received and the only one I absolutely hated.  This purfume has top notes of fresh-picked mango and lush neroli finish with a base of creamy musk.  I made the mistake of spraying some on my wrists before smelling it first and I could smell it all day long.  So if you do see this in stores and maybe you love the smell, then it'd be a great purchase for you because the fragrance seems to last forever.  The full-size of this perfume retails for $78 on the Birchbox website.




This is the fourth product I received this month and honestly I wasn't excited, at all.  I did try this out though and surprisingly I love this product. It's supposed to smooth, fill, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.  It's also said to firm, lift and strengthen while it also also works to boost radiance and improve the texture of your complexion.   I have been using this pretty much everyday and I swear my skin looks and feels so much better.  I would definitely recommend this product and I will most certainly be repurchasing.  The full-size of this product retails for $36 on the Birchbox website.





This is the last product I received and another I couldn't wait to try out.  Lately I have been obsessed with matte lip products and when I saw I would be receiving this one I was very excited.  The website is very misleading though because this is not the shade that was shown, but I was still happy when I saw the shade.  This lipstick is a gorgeous shade, it's a matte lipstick but it's not drying at all and it has great pigmentation which is great.  This is the full-size of this lipstick and on Birchbox's website you can purchase the Full-size trio which includes this shade along with the shades Cozy Crimson and Parisian Pink for $24.



I'm pretty impressed with this month's box.  It's pretty exciting that out of 5 products there is only one product that I did not like.  If you'd love to join me in receiving Birchbox each month you can use my referral link by going HERE!

All Birchbox links go directly to my referral link 
Product links go directly to that product 
in the Birchbox shop, Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment